Do you have knowledge and wisdom that you can teach others?
We are looking for teachers who can inspire from an African-centric perspective as part of the Afriversity.
We are looking for teachers who can create online courses, to which you retain full copyright. If you are passionate about sharing your wisdom and making a difference through knowledge we want to hear from you.
We hope you will join us on our journey to…
- help make a difference
- share your knowledge and expertise
- increase your exposure in the education sector
- share the course and link freely
- free access to the course creator
All course will be vetted for quality of information and relevance. The target audience is individuals of Africa-descent.
Key terms and conditions
- All content should be of a professional quality that is well-written and appropriate for the age group.
- Include images and videos that are royalty-free and/or that you have the permission to share or distribute. Images and videos should be appropriately credited to the original source.
- Courses should be short to the point and concise to keep the attention of learners.
- We are seeking rich content that will make an impact in the lives of learners.
- Refrain from using plagiarised information and ensure you have permission or have credited the author.
- Once you sign up you will receive access to the dashboard and can start adding information straight away.
- You must include information about yourself as the instructor.
All of course creators retain full copyright and can share their course as widely as they choose. Afriverse may promote your course to increase ‘readership.’
By accepting this Content Agreement and in consideration of our promoting your content, you are agreeing to the following:
– You affirm, represent, and warrant that you are the owner of the Content, including words, images and video, or that you have the necessary licenses, rights, consents.
– You grant permission to Afriverse to promote your Content. You also affirm, represent, and warrant that the Content does not vest in some third party (e.g. your employer, if the Content was created by you in the course of your employment).
– You retain all full copyright and ownership rights to your Content. You can remove the information when you choose and request deletion of associated profiles and account information.
You agree to the terms of our Privacy & Cookies Policy. In particular, you agree that when we promote your content, we may share your business information, which can allow external parties to get in contact with you.
We look forward to partnering with you. Please complete the form below to apply.
The Afriverse platform contains various tools to assist our instructors with developing courses, quickly and easily.
Course creation tools
- Easy to use course builder – drag and drop features
- Add titles, sub-titles and objectives
- Courses can be unlimited in length e.g. 4 to 20 + lessons
- Add video content, as well as text
- Create unlimited courses
- Charge the price you want
- Create a profile about your skills and experience
- Create a quiz at the end of each course
- Enable learners to upload assignments
- Add editable PDF files, that can be saved
- Provide certificates for course completion
- Awards points for those who successfully complete the course
Build a community
- Create a group around your content
- Allow learners to share ideas and tips with others
- Build a forum that learners can comment in
- Connect with other instructors and professionals
- Network and message with people in the community
- In summary, our commission structure is as follows: The instructor keeps 70% of the revenue and we keep 30%.
- For each transaction, there is a payment processing fee of 2% that we will cover ourselves. In actuality, we only collect approximately 27% of the revenue from each course. This revenue will mainly be used for admin, marketing and general management of the platform.
- You will also have the ability to invite students with coupon codes. Please reach out to us for this process.